Iraqi court stops the decision to evacuate the army building in Kirkuk

According to the written statement made by the court, the lawsuit filed by Kirkuk Arab Deputy Vasfi Asi in the Federal Court for not giving the army headquarters to the KDP was discussed and resolved.

“The decision of the Prime Minister to evacuate the Joint Operations Force headquarters in Kirkuk was halted. This decision of the court is final and binding on all officials,” the statement said. it was said.

Events broke out after the protests

Peshmerga forces affiliated to the Iraqi Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) started to deploy to the bases evacuated by the Iraqi army in Kirkuk after the emergence of the terrorist organization DAESH in 2014, and took the de facto control of the city for 3 years.

After the so-called “independence referendum” and the annexation attempt of the KRG on September 25, 2017, forces affiliated with the central government entered Kirkuk on October 16, 2017, ending the Peshmerga presence in the city.

The Iraqi army had evacuated the building where the KDP was located and made it the headquarters of the Kirkuk Operations Command.

Activists blocked the Erbil-Kirkuk road as part of the protests launched on 25 August against the allegations that the building was being evacuated by the order of Prime Minister Mohammed Shia es-Sudani and preparations were made for it to be handed over to the KDP.

Events broke out in Kirkuk yesterday after a group of supporters of the KDP organized a protest demanding the opening of the Erbil-Kirkuk highway, which was closed by those who opposed the handing over of the army-controlled building to the KDP.

After the protests, a curfew was declared after the events escalated. In the events, it was announced that the death toll increased to 4 and the injured to 15.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

izmir escort sweet bonanza oyna konya escort bakırköy escort casibom esenyurt escort avcılar escort beylikdüzü escort