There has been a flashy development in the investigation conducted against former US President Donald Trump for “confidential documents” found in his Florida mansion.
In a statement made via his social media site, TruthSocial, Trump announced that the legal team to handle the case within the scope of the “confidential documents” investigation, which he described as “the greatest witch hunt of all time”, has changed.
Noting that lawyers James Trusty and John Rowley left the case, Trump thanked Trusty and Rowley for their work.
Trump will be represented by Attorney Todd Blanche
Noting that he will be represented by Attorney Todd Blanche from now on, Trump added that he will announce another law firm that will be involved in the case in the coming days.
In a joint statement, Trusty and Rowley said, “It was an honor to spend last year defending him. We know that the Biden administration will be right in its battle against the partisan arming of the American justice system.”
Trusty and Rowley did not provide a concrete reason for withdrawal.
Trusty and Rowley, who did not provide a concrete reason for the withdrawal, simply said, “Since the case is filed in Miami, this is a logical moment for us to withdraw from the case and let others handle the proceedings.”
A total of 37 charges were brought against Trump.
In August last year, an investigation was launched into about 100 confidential documents seized during a search of Trump’s mansion in Florida.
Trump is expected to appear in court in federal court in Miami on Tuesday.